View Single Post
Old October 21, 2008, 01:17 AM   #4
T.A.Sharps

You want it bore sighted, it really takes nothing for someone to do it for you, they do it for free at a lot of shops like Scheels. You dont want the bore of it "pointed" at the paper, you want the cross hairs of the scope aligned with the bore on the target.

You can experiment around with it, but sabot slugs are pretty pricey, at $2-$4 a shot, I'm not playing around at the range.

Just go to a shop and ask them if they will bore sight it for you.

Also...

You will want to try more than one brand/type of sabot slug. You need to find the one your sabot gun will shoot the best, it can be very accurate if everything is right, but accuracy can vary a lot between different brands or even lots of ammo depending on the quality.

Hornady SST is a good one to start with.

Hastings has a very good reputation for accuracy in sabot slug guns. Their whole business is based on it, and as they have also developed that new 20ga 3.5" barrel H&R puts on their 20ga Ultra.

So far my 870 gets 8"-12" at 200yrds. I know some have got .5" at 100 yards.

Page generated in 0.03220 seconds with 8 queries