View Single Post
Old November 18, 2012, 11:14 PM   #1
breakingcontact

930 SPX problem identified, unsure on solution

I can occasionally only load 5 rounds in stead of 7. If I chamber a round, then I can continue loading all 7 (+1).

I know what's happening. The base of the first shell is catching on a gap between the magazine and magazine extension. How do I know?

When I place the forearm on the gun, there are about 5 threads showing where the mag extension screws in. Without the forearm on, if I put the mag extension on, it has 6 threads available. When I load it without the forearm on I can load 7 rounds every time.

I see lots of guys replacing the follower, magazine spring and/or the mag extension.

I don't think any of that is the problem. The problem is the forearm doesn't slide down far enough to allow all of the threads to be exposed for the mag extension to full seat itself flush with the magazine tube.

From what I've read, the Nordic mag extension may solve this problem. But I think I can solve it easier by trimming on the stock to allow it to slide down another 1/8th of an inch or so.

So what should I do? Try and trim on the stock (I'm not sure where to trim) or hope the Nordic extension solves the problem?

Other than this, the gun is excellent and I'm very happy with it.

Page generated in 0.02191 seconds with 8 queries