View Single Post
Old December 28, 2006, 04:35 PM   #5
oldbillthundercheif

I was once pulled over by a beat-up jeep with a rinky-dink rotating red light and no siren. It did not look like a cop. I slowed down to 5 mph and crept to a place on the highway 100 yards or so down the road that was well-lit...

It turned out to be a rural LA K9 officer and he was not amused. I got to experience a "felony stop" where I was tackled and handcuffed while he yelled: "Why were you runnin' from me?! Why'd yew run?!". My friends in the car got the same treatment. Then he spent about an hour tearing my car apart looking for whatever cops look for while I layed around handcuffed on the side of the road in the rain.

They impounded my car and arrested me for "evasion" or some such nonsense. The charge was thrown out once I was able to explain in court that he was not driving a police car so I just slowed way down until we came to a well-lit area. The cop did not show up for the court date to explain his actions.

If you are pulled over, pull the hell over to the side of the road no matter if it looks like a cop car or a golf-cart with christmas-lights on it. You will have a bad night if you don't.

Page generated in 0.03171 seconds with 8 queries