View Single Post
Old October 4, 2001, 09:00 AM   #23
Coronach

Quote:
I must argue that the protective gear will never help you argument is idiocy.
I don't think anyone (here, at least- the media is another story) is saying that NBC gear can *never* help you. I think the point is that its not nearly as useful as one might think, and having it in a position to be of use is probably more of a hassle than *most* people are willing to endure.

Quote:
In Israel, whenever there is any sort of bombing or attack from something like scuds or artillery, many people automatically start donning bio/chem gear, just in case.
Good point. If a scud hits near you, or you are near the point of an arty strike, don your mask.

However, its more likely that you would be exposed to a bio agent without even being aware of its presence (thats kinda the whole point, actually). As far as chem agents go, yeah, you'll see the cloud...but what is it? And will you have time to suit up? Which filter do you use? All of these are important questions.

I agree having it is better than not having it.

Quote:
Israelis know what they are doing.
No disagreement there.

"True pacifism is the finest form of manliness. But if a man comes up to you and cuts your hand off, you don't just offer him the other one. Not if you want to go on playing the piano, you don't." -Sam Peckinpah

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

Page generated in 0.03634 seconds with 8 queries