View Single Post
Old April 2, 2012, 04:24 PM   #11
Double Naught Spy

Sadly, I have lost two shooting friends to reloading. We used to get together to shoot. Now when they come to the range, they aren't there to shoot as much as they are there to evaluate their reloads. They have become so involved with reloading, that they often fail to perform simply malfunction clearings during timed drills. Instead, they stop and assess the condition of the gun in order to determine what went wrong and if it was because of the round being a reload or not. It is almost like shooting with a newbie who has a malfunction and doesn't know what to do so he stares at his gun from strange angles.

Both have said they reload to shoot more, but as near as I can tell, they only shoot enough to test their reloads (often several batches with associated records), make notations, then go back and make corrected loads and repeat.

Back in the old days, we didn't spend several minutes after a malfunction trying to find the piece of brass from the malfunctioned round in order to assess the problem.

I miss my shooting buddies.

Page generated in 0.02642 seconds with 8 queries