View Single Post
Old May 17, 2013, 01:58 PM   #27
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
“I don’t tend to take things lying down, so I went past the parents, and so I walked straight over and I confronted him,” said Leni Calas. “I mean, he’s brandishing a firearm and I don’t care if that firearm is plastic. That’s unacceptable
This is, to me, the most incredible part. She was morally outraged, because the guy playing with the toy gun scared her....so she confronted him.

I suppose its a good thing for all of us that it was just a toy gun, as a real gun in the hands of a bad guy might have shot her, and again, the gun would get ALL the blame.

idiot

As to the poor schmuck getting charged with all that, yeah, that's NYC SOP. Citizens complained. Guy gets arrested, and charged with everything that they can think of. OK, airsoft, pellet, and toyguns are regulated in NYC. If he didn't follow NYC law about registration and ownership, then he is guilty of that. Doesn't matter how foolish we think the law is, it is what it is, until/unless it gets changed. That part, I think will be open and shut.

Reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a minor, and even the resisting arrest are open to dispute, in court, dependant on the specifics of his actions. Without the details not included in sound byte reporting, I make no judgement about the validity of the charges. Maybe the guy didn't really DO anything and people vastly over reacted. Maybe he was an idiot, and did things that put "reasonable" people in fear for their lives...I just don't know...

Although, I feel that if they were in fear for their lives, walking straight over and confronting him isn't a good rational choice....

Page generated in 0.03815 seconds with 8 queries