Thread: WWYD - Video
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2006, 03:28 AM   #38
nbk2000

MSDS for CAS#NBK-200-0

WARNING

Postings by NBK have been found by the State of California to contain high levels of Sarcasm, Satire, Hyperbole, and Ridicule.

Acute exposure may cause:
  • Immediate increase in blood pressure levels, caused by shock or anger.
  • Urge to click on links provided by, or obtain articles cited by, NBK, in attempt to disprove statements made by him.
  • Intense Googling to relieve "self-doubt of facts" itch, caused by exposure to NBK.
  • Immediate confusion of reality, resulting in mistaking NBK for someone called "Richard".

Chronic exposure may cause symptoms including (but not limited to):
  • Ego deflation
  • Self-examination
  • Relief of Testestorone Poisoning
  • Reduction of lead in the Enviroment

In case of adverse reaction from exposure to NBK, apply first-aid measures as follow:
  • Immediately remove yourself from the area to prevent further exposure
  • Consume large quantities of alcohol, preferably in the form of beer, to prevent change of mental state.
  • Watch Deer Hunter and Apocalypse Now to restore testosterone levels
  • Proceed to nearest firing range to replenish depleted blood-lead levels.

==============================================================================

Everyone who posts their opinions here knows (or should, anyways) that they're subject to being critiqued and criticized, myself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpel
Who said anything about "busting crazy mad caps?" Who said anything about a "hail" of fire? Who said anything about firing indiscriminately into a crowd? Who said anything about "from a distance?" Who said anything about taking clear shots after the attackers scattered? Nobody except you, Richard.
You answered your own questions, earlier in this thread.

Quote:
...he was being swarmed! I could see emptying a magazine or two in that situation if the first couple of COM hits didn't dissuade the rest of the attackers.
COM hits on who? Those not in the 'swarm' of bodies? Wouldn't that mean shooting clear shots after the attackers scattered? Or are you shooting indiscrimately into a crowd?

Oh...I see...forgive me...taking aim at each individual attacker to ensure a COM hit means that you are DISCRIMINATELY (AKA selectively) targeting them, not indiscrimately firing into a mass of bodies. My apologies for the confusion on my part.

And doesn't emptying 'a magazine or two' count as 'busting crazy mad caps' (in da 'hood, of course), with the attendant 'hail of lead'? I believe it does.

And unless you're saying you'd walk in amoungst a 'swarm' (your words), then you would be shooting from a distance, correct? Or are you saying you've got such clankers that you'd roll in like the One Man Calvary to the Rescue and deal 'em justice left/right/front/and center?

I don't think that'd be tactically correct, but it's your funeral...

Quote:
A guy here in New Hampshire died a day after one single punch in the face, did you hear about that? Apparently not.
I've heard of a guy getting hit by lightning 9 times and living. So what's your point?

Am I prescient, able to devine the future course of events, doomed to forever assume the worst? That every schoolyard scrap or bar room brawl is going to result in a corpse?

I can only react to a situation based on experiences I have had in the past, none of which include seeing someone get killed by a single punch. But I have seen plenty of people get the bejesus living snot beat of them and walk away from it (albeit slowly).

I've seen a lot more people get burned, shot, stabbed, and maimed..and SURVIVE!...then I've seen dying from it. So I'm of the belief that humans are made of some pretty sturdy stuff that'll survive anything short of Trains and large quantities of High Explosives.

Now here's a question for you, Winston:

Why did they stop?

Because his head had been squashed like a grape with brains oozing out his shattered skull?

No. So it wasn't the quenching of a bloodlust.

Because a CCW came along, firing his gun into the air or their bodies?

No, so it wasn't John Wayne either.

Since neither one of these happened, we know what DIDN'T stop them.

So what did?

Page generated in 0.04319 seconds with 8 queries