View Single Post
Old September 5, 2012, 12:58 PM   #1
MTG

Ever had a hull stuck in the barrel?

I guess the title pretty much sums it up. Went skeet shooting yesterday and had some issues...first shot fired just fine and I just heard a click on my second shot.

It's an automatic and I didn't realize the shell didn't eject, so I just pulled the bolt handle to manually eject the shell. My second shot fired but also failed to eject.

Decided to call it a day but I couldn't get the shell to eject using the bolt handle...bolt wouldn't move. Ended up taking the gun apart and the hull was still inside the barrel...had to use a cleaning rod to push it out.

I know a lot of handguns can be picky about ammo, but I've never heard of this in a shotgun (aside from the fact that certain types of ammo pattern better out of certain guns). Any experience with shotguns being picky about shells? I was using cheap shells so I'm guessing that's it, but wanted to make sure this doesn't sound like a problem with the gun (that might make it unsafe to fire different shells).

It's a Charles Daly 12 gauge that I inherited...never had a problem with it before but I've also never fired this particular brand of shells.

Page generated in 0.03608 seconds with 8 queries