View Single Post
Old April 20, 2012, 11:05 PM   #10
jason41987

i thought about using a round piece of tube steel for an upper receiver, so that i could use an extended portion, vented out and used as a handguard/shroud.... the way i set up the recoil spring stop was a plug in the end, pull, twist, release and the spring and carrier comes out...adding a lower receiver for the fire control group, and a wooden stock and it came out looking like a russian PPSH

i also have the idea of taking a .223 round, chopping it before the shoulder and use as rimless 357 magnum brass... necking it down (or leaving it straightwall) i would fit it with a pointed rifle bullet so out of the rifle, it would have more range/power than .223, while still being a pistol round (for logistics purposes of only having to buy one type of ammo)

some other ideas i had, just for the added simplicity was to go with a rolled delayed blowback system like the HK family of rifles because i wanted the recoil to be in-line with the barrel and stock, to reduce the overall felt recoil and muzzle flip... ive thought about ways to make a gas piston in-line with the barrel by using a cylinder shaped piston that would fit over, and ride on the barrel with a few smaller gas ports around the barrel rather than one bigger one...

those are just some of the ideas i had... you cant really design anything in this detail on a bolt action anymore, because anything you could have designed is already out there and in production, theres just no more territory left.. and i decide on semi automatic, because i just fail to see any practical use for fully even for military use (unless its belt fed).... so straight up semi for my design... never hurt the garand any

Page generated in 0.03579 seconds with 8 queries