View Single Post
Old June 22, 2007, 08:13 AM   #10
Linear Thinker

Do yourself a favor and buy a Dillon. Lee makes good equipment, and 10 years of using a Lee turret and 5 years of Load-master use taught me a great deal about progressive reloading.

However:
1. Lee's customer service is non-existent. If something breaks, you will be paying for the part when out of warranty, and you will be paying shipping both ways.

2. Dillon service is outstanding. If something breaks, you
will have a new part in a couple of days, gratis. They replaced a worn powder measure actuator on my 20-year-old powder measure with a brand-new assembly, latest model.

3. Dillon presses are far less finicky, once adjusted, they just run.

4. Lee turret press uses nylon ratchets that wear out quickly. Lee Load-master you are considering uses a cam and gravity push rod to rotate the shellplate, I could never get mine to run reliably, even after 2 trips to the factory (at my expense).

5. Dillon primer feed is far more reliable. I gave up on Lee's primer feeder after too many unprimed rounds and started priming by hand.

My 2 cents, there are lots of loyal Lee users. As a matter of fact, I prefer Lee dies to Dillon's. Lee's FCD is the best thing since sliced Camembert.

If you want some entertaining Lee-vs-Dillon discussions, you won't have too search for long on this forum.

LT

Last edited by Linear Thinker; June 22, 2007 at 09:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.03917 seconds with 8 queries