View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 10:06 AM   #1
KevK.

XD40 and Fed. white box.

So, I had some range time yesterday and went through a 50 round box of 40 cal Federal 185gr FMJ. The first time I've ever used the Federal stuff in my XD.

Everytime, while going through a 10 round magazine I would have one FTF (Failure to feed). It was enough that the first time it happened (round 8), I had just thought I miscounted the slide was almost back in the 'locked open' position. I dropped the mag and saw rounds left. I looked at the slide and saw a live round jammed against the feed ramp. I re-inserted the magazine, pulled the slide back slightly and let it go. The slide went into battery just fine and loaded the jammed round. But it was every magazine (not always the 8th round), and would always clear right away. So about 1 in 10 would jam.

I was just plinking at the range, and clearing it was never a problem. At the range is one thing, but out in the world, not good.

I think I'll have to try a few other types of ammo to find the stuff mine likes before I get too nervous about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what caused this? Just the cheap plinking ammo? Or a worn spring? I bought it used but don't have any idea of the round count.

Maybe I didn't relize I was limp wristing it? I'm not a new shooter by any means and 40 cal is not the kickinest round I've fired, but it's still a pretty new weapon to me.

Page generated in 0.01932 seconds with 8 queries