View Single Post
Old June 4, 2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Anthrax

Using headphones at night - A serious concern?

Hey guys!

I was wondering about this for a long time and need your input on this.

When your wife/girlfriend (Or the other way around for females) is sleeping right beside you and you want to use your laptop, probably watch a few firearm review videos etc, I'm sure the reasonable thing to do is to put on the headphones so that you don't disturb your partner.

I'm sure you know where this is going ....

Anyway, once those noise canceling devils are on, your situational awareness becomes zero. Presumably its dark, your laptop's screen is shinning in the dark right on your face, making everything pitch black in the background and since you have the headphones on, you won't even hear if a burglar has broken in to your house. Your partner might wake up but we all know that there are always a few sleepers who wouldn't even get up if a nuclear bomb went off right next to them

So anyway, just want to hear out from you guys whether you've thought about this too? Once in a situation like this, what are the things that one must do to ensure that your partner sleeps comfortably and you get to do your work/research/entertainment etc without being a disturbance.

Rain down them two cents!

Page generated in 0.07435 seconds with 8 queries