View Single Post
Old April 14, 2008, 05:48 AM   #12
Baba Louie

Downside to buying used older (anythings) is that you don't know how hard the previous owners used it and/or cared for it. Do the Jim March revolver check up, if it looks OK, buy it whilst hoping everythings jake... cause if things turn south on you, you know that Taurus may or may not be a whole lot of fun to deal with customer service after the fact.

Having said that, I've got Dad's old 80 (shoots fine) a couple 3 wheelguns from the late 80's/early 90's (shoot fine, pre lock) and have purchased 2 of their newer hammer locking revolvers (shoot fine), their QC on all of these were excellent and should I ever NEED to use their lifetime warranty, I could. (I hope never to need do so mind you, having read all sorts of CS horror stories from dis-satisfied consumers here on the 'net).

The Taurus Forjas has grown considerably over the past few decades with more offerings than you can shake a stick at. That bodes well from one POV and perhaps not so well from another POV (too big too fast and their CS/QC not keeping up with inventory... perhaps)

But whadda I know? Is my Dad's 80 better than todays offerings? I don't think so... really. Is it a cheaper buy (better deal)? Possibly, cash out of pocket, with the above caveats.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address

Page generated in 0.03613 seconds with 8 queries