View Single Post
Old April 1, 2013, 10:33 PM   #7
dakota.potts

Wow.

A 30 round magazine must not be loaded with more than 10 rounds except at the owner's home or shooting range. Because obviously a criminal who is legally allowed to own (but not fully load) a standard capacity magazine is going to follow the rules if they're not at a gun range or at home.

So what if I have a magazine loaded with 30 rounds and transport it to the range. Am I a felon if I get pulled over because it's in my car? And if not, what's to stop a potential shooter from saying he's on his way to the range and then stopping at a diner or bookstore on the way there to cause damage?

Totally backwards and, in my opinion, a great example of using a tragedy to exploit political means rather than actually fixing any problem.

Not to mention universal background checks AND fingerprints. Lanza's mother, to my knowledge, still would have passed and that wouldn't have stopped it. Under these provisions, he still could have got the weapons from his mom and still could have had the magazines (albeit illegally loaded).

All I can see this doing is adding time onto charges for people who do a crime with a gun if it's loaded with 12 or 17 or 30 rounds.

Glad I live in Florida

Page generated in 0.02224 seconds with 8 queries