View Single Post
Old September 6, 2011, 06:01 AM   #61
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Dee
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CONTEMPT OF COP!!!!... It's a made up thing. The term is found no where in the letter of the law.
You seem very emphatic about that, but it isn't an undocumented phenomenon. "Wood shampoo" and "fell on the way to the station" aren't in the letter of the law, but that doesn't diminish their reality.

While "contempt of cop" isn't in the code, disorderly conduct and failure to obey a lawful order, resisting arrest and obstructing are in the code and can serve as the citation actually served.

Quote:
what?... and if I dont like the attitude?... then what? Manufacture a crime? Illegally detain someone?... Issue a summons for a nonexistant violation? That would make me the criminal... no? LOL Evaluate the individual? for what?... to what end? I dont know if this "attitude test" is common, uncommon, or unforseeable.
I would hope you would not manufacture a crime, illegally detain anyone, or issue a summons for a non-existent violation, yet some POs have.

You might legitimately evaluate an individual in order to determine what steps you need to take in order to insure your own safety.

Quote:
I think probably there is a lack of training, and professionalism in some departments.
Undoubtedly. I would also agree that different policing cultures can exist in different areas. It is unfair to paint the courteous and professional with the same broad brush used for the other sort.

One other part of your post merits capital letters.

Quote:
I can only state my own experiences, and those where I have been present.
I appreciate that and suggest that it limits your other capitalised language.

Page generated in 0.03447 seconds with 8 queries