View Single Post
Old March 12, 2011, 04:39 PM   #1
blackdog_507

Let's talk Taurus.....

Ok, so I don't own a Taurus handgun. I am a S&W guy all the way. I have a smith 1911, SW99 in 40 (walther colaboration), 686-5 Lew Horton gun, and model 10 .38 inheritted from my grandfather. And I'm always looking to buy more. I have a Ruger Single Six, and a Walther P22. I have avoided Taurus handguns when the opportunity has come up, just because I've been able to find Smith's or other I like better. I don't own a 9mm and I'm wanting a true DA/SA high-cap gun with a METAL frame (not poly) with a de-cocker, etc. So, I've looked at several options from Smith (59, 39, etc) and can't find a gun I like the look and feel of. So then I looked to the beretta 92, and it seems a bit big and uncomfortable in the grip area. I'd love a Sig 226, or an HK, but the prices are just too high right now. So I find a Taurus PT909 in 9mm which according to the Taurus website is model 92 reduced by 20%. It looks a lot like a 92 also. Looks like everything I want, and I like the looks and feel. I'm happy with everything about it, except the raging bull stamped on the side of it. Should this be stopping me from purchasing it?

Page generated in 0.02739 seconds with 8 queries