View Single Post
Old May 14, 2013, 09:21 AM   #41
Achilles11B

Due to advances in manufacturing techniques, accuracy and reliability are to be expected and are no longer pleasant surprises. Manufacturers know this and as such both are par for the course for any new model being introduced. Items that separate the 'entry level' models from those higher up on the food chain are mostly either cosmetic or ergonomic (fancy stock, zazzy pistol grip angled specifically with re-enacting your favorite Navy SEAL movie in mind, etc). For a guy just banging cans on the farm or popping 100-yard groups at the conservation area range, 'entry level' is adequate for 95% of whatever that rifle (or pistol, shotgun, light sabre, etc) is tasked with doing.

But...it's your money. My personal AR more than likely could outshoot the M4's I took to Iraq. I know that the hardest I ever run it would be in the safe confines of a carbine class (hopefully) and I don't need mil-spec this or the same xxxxxx that SEAL Team-Delta uses, but I'm willing to pay for better gear so why not?

Also, I officially nominate PVL for the Analogy Of The Year Award.

Page generated in 0.03836 seconds with 8 queries