View Single Post
Old August 9, 2014, 11:35 PM   #21
Gabe1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymax
Get a nice rear aperature sight and barrel band front from Brownells. If it was bigger than a poodle shooter I would say express flip rear with a barrel band sling mount and front sight.
hvymax, is this something that I can do relatively easily? I was thinking about doing this even before buying the gun, as I knew that no .223 bolt actions came with sights. It would have to be something that isn't permanent. I'm not familiar with a barrel band and don't even know what that is. What I envisioned was a front sight that basically came in two pieces and went around the barrel, while tightening it together would be what held it in place. Then, for a rear sight, something that would mount on a rail so that I wouldn't have to have any holes drilled or anything that really altered the gun itself. Are there things out there like this, and something that I could install myself and be able to properly align myself?

Nothing real expensive either. I would be perfectly happy with very basic sights like I have on my Marlin 25N bolt action .22LR. A blade front sight and a ramp type rear sight. The hard part would be making sure they were installed in correct alignment. Thanks for the help.

Page generated in 0.02991 seconds with 8 queries