View Single Post
Old March 1, 2014, 03:58 AM   #2
Fargazer

Well, I've run some 200+ rounds through it, and am overall rather pleased. A couple notes:
  • Yes, I have an idiot scratch. Yes, I'm new to 1911 pistols. I live and learn - at least I learned on my own gun and not someone else's.
  • The MecGar 11 round and RIA 8 round mag run perfectly with various ammo.
  • The Wilson ETM, the 8 round 47D, and the 10 round 47D have each at least once locked the slide back prematurely after the 3rd or 4th round.
    • In these cases the slide stop is just BARELY engaged - pressing down on it continues normal operation.
    • I've seen various threads on this and it appears to be an easy issue to fix; however, any necessary adjustments to the gun will be performed by a professional, not me, and after asking Armscor's advice.
  • I have a Tripp 8 round Cobra magazine to try out; it should arrive this coming week. I'll see how it behaves.
  • I've got some black and grey VZ Grips coming in next week to put on, along with some screws. The colors should look good with the current Parkerized finish, as well as a possible IonBond or NP3 job.
  • I've sent two emails to Armscor (one from their web site, one from the email listed on their web site) asking about replacement sights, IonBond or NP3 coating, and what I need to do to not void my warranty. It's been a week now with no response. Next week I call their direct number.
  • I've given the pistol's Parkerized finish a second Eezox treatment, this time using a heat gun to warm up the pistol.
  • I have some difficulties reassembling the pistol, in particular replacing the slide stop (hence the idiot mark). I'm finding if I insert a punch from the rear of the slide stop pin then push the punch out with the slide stop, reassembly goes much easier. I'll pick up some inexpensive nylon punches soon.
The pistol definitely puts a big BIG grin on my face when I shoot it; I have a feeling it's going to be shot just as much as my main go to gun, my Walther P99. If that continues to be the case, Dawson Precision fiber optic sights and an IonBond or NP3 treatment are in the pistol's future.

A photo - not the best photo, but a photo for those who like such:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RIA6inch001.jpg (131.2 KB, 124 views)

Page generated in 0.02534 seconds with 9 queries