Thread: Round Count
View Single Post
Old November 9, 2013, 04:27 PM   #9
BigJimP

I have a pair of Wilson Combat 1911's....both 5" guns...

One in 9mm ( Protector model, all stainless) that is coming up on 7 yrs old & has over 50,000 rds thru it now ....its my primary "range - practice gun". At about 40,000 rds or so, I broke an extractor ...Wilson Combat warranted it -they paid shipping both ways - and I had it back in about 10 days...all free.

My primary carry gun is a Wilson CQB - 5" gun in .45acp...its about 10 yrs old now...and has about 30,000 - 35,000 rds thru it ...never had an issue with it.
--------------
I have a few S&W revolvers....that I've had a long time...( since late 70's or early 80's ) ....model 19's, 27's ( .357 mag ) and 29's..(.44 mag )...my estimate on round count thru them is about 25,000 each ...but I'm not positive....never a problem with any of them ( I only shoot jacketed 158gr loads in the .357 mags )...none of the hotter 125gr loads......
-----------------
I'm a believer in Wilson Combat and the older S&W revolvers...especially if you take care of them ! ( they all get cleaned and lubed every time they're shot / and at least once a year, I take every gun I have, if I fired it much at all - down to a bare frame for inspection, cleaning and lube...)...

I have several other 1911's ...that I know will not meet the round count of my Wilson's ...without some issues ( Baer, Ed Brown, Kimber...)....and I have about 25 or so S&W revolvers...that will live on in my family for another 3 or 4 generations, I hope...

Page generated in 0.03803 seconds with 8 queries