View Single Post
Old January 12, 2000, 06:47 AM   #3
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

If you can find some old ironing boards... they make a great pattern or target.
As for a target stand... You can get them to prop up on its own legs.

I like to build my own stands outta 2x4s.
I dont follow any real plan and only make a couple of cuts.
1. Lay 2 boards side by side.
2. Insert between those 2, 2 more that stick out.
3. Take your Dewalt driver and pump in a few old sheet rock screws to hold them together.
4. Take 2 more boards and make an H shape with the ends of the first 2... this gives you the support so you can stand the Stand up.
5. Now you should have a wood H on the ground, with 2 boards standing up straight.
6. Screw on a board across the top, and one across the bottom. Staple on a large sheet of card board over the frame. Bingo.
You got your target stand.
I bet you got the stuff around your garage.
You can make them big, to handle a B-27 style target (No Bomber jokes guys - I am talking about the standard police target), or you can make them smaller - For say... Womens magazine covers that feature Rosie or any other Big Old Windbag. The small targets are good for plinking with .22s and stuff.
But - if you gotta .223 rifle and you dont have a lot of space - 25 yards is a good zero distance as it is also a 250 yard zero with only a 3 inch high point in the ballistic arch. Out here in Utah - you can drive out into the desert, kick a couple stands out of the back of your truck, you got an instant range. Your odometer can click off 1 mile for that .50 cal rifle you got...
Utah Rocks...

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Page generated in 0.02401 seconds with 8 queries