View Single Post
Old January 1, 2006, 12:24 PM   #11
Old Dragoon

This new gun shoot as well as my other one....

I went out and shot the new "58 yesterday morning, standing two hand hold. I shot 25 shots (smokeless with the cartridge converter) , they don't like BP inside. Out of 25 shots only seven shots ere out of the bull, it was a 100yard rifle target, but the bull seems to be the same as 25 yard pistol,(they sold me the wrong targets). This was 15 yds. First two shots were used to shoot lap the bbl. I used Bore Butter(Traditions EZ Lube, Same stuff) and even the smokeless residue was really soft and both guns worked flawlessly Swapped out the Conversion cylinder to shoot my 2002 Pietta, didn't clean or anything. OK I realize that smokeless should gum up the works but it slowed it down with SPG lube. It groups very well. Shoots where you point it. The shooter caused the flyers LOL
I was jazzed that this new pistol seems to shoot the same as my 2002 pistol. I shot the 2002 after and they both hold the same place. I haven't antiqued this new one yet and I may not since it is older than the other two. Below is a picture of all three.
Mike sent me some of his lube and I'll use it on some cartridges and when I shoot BP at the outside range soon. Thanks Mike.

Boy does the gunfighter point nice and sight accqusition is very quick. If the trigger was a shade straighter I could twirl this one, but with my small trigger finger it pinches between the trigger and the guard. OUCH, so that will keep me safe.

Page generated in 0.03293 seconds with 8 queries