View Single Post
Old September 16, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1
tynimiller

Do you say something or just roll your eyes?

So I was at Walmart earlier tonight and low and behold it's one of the few that guns are coming back to...and that my friends is when this happened:

-Me, standing at the shotgun stand turning it slowly looking at the prices, more or less just out of curiosity...you know trying to itch that itch we all have.

-Guy at near by rifle rack: "Excuse me, you hunt deer much?"

-Me: "Yeah, as much as I can every year."

-Guy: "Which would you recommend the .270 or the 30-06?"

-Me: "Well I'm more of the bowhunter type, but here in Indiana's firearm season if I do hunt with a gun I use a muzzleloader."

-Guy: "Well I wasn't happy with my .243 last year, wounded 3 deer last season."

-Me: "That sucks, where were you hunting?"

-Guy: "Oh just down the road a ways actually on County Road -----"

Okay at this moment what do you do? This guy clearly broke rules,rifles illegal in Indiana no matter when, wounded deer and was planning on doing it again this season now!!!!

I'll be honest I was nice but I kinda read him the riot act. To which he got extremely defensive and stated I needed to chill out. He stated at one point, "It's up tight hunter's like you who ruin it for all of us?"

To which I responded, "You've got to be kidding me?! You're the one illegally hunting, using rifles during bow season (learned this through the fact he said he wounded one in October) and have absolutely no respect for the animal you hunt or the other hunters you cast a idiot shadow over. It's because of hunters like you that all of us real hunters have to put up with people attacking us! Because idiots like you take to the woods every single year!"

Now it may have been slightly different but that's what was said exactly I'm pretty sure. Have any of you experienced this at a gun store or out inter-mingling with other "hunters"?

Last edited by tynimiller; September 17, 2011 at 08:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.03733 seconds with 8 queries