View Single Post
Old October 24, 2009, 10:40 AM   #18
UniversalFrost

only good thing that has happened by folks going urban on us is that their are fewer hunters and more deer in the woods. both good and bad i guess, but true statement. I am lucky to have come from a rural area and can relate to many of the stories of folks dragging their newly shot bucks around to every cafe or general store in the area.

Here in a some what suburban area it is much different. Last year when I stopped by the gas station to get some ice bags for the deer (the temp was in the 80's in AZ) carcass the lady at the counter (and the customers in line behind me) looked like i was a serial killer when I came in with my hunting clothes on and some blood on my leg and said I needed ice bags for the deer i shot.

luckily my neighbors were more understanding with the exception of one. as soon as i dropped the tailgate on my truck to unload the deer i had neighbors and kids coming over to "inspect" my buck and congratulate me. One neighbor that had just moved into the area a few months earlier (from san diego) came running out of her house and was crying and cursing me for killing such a poor defenseless animal. she then called the police (right infront of me) and the cop came over, but only to see my deer and ask me where I shot it and what time and if i saw anymore big bucks in the area (he missed the first few days of the season and wanted hunting tips and so i gave him more spots to hunt and he thanked me and next time we met he told me that my tips paid off and he got a nice coues buck on his 2nd day out). My neighbor still calls be bambi killer, but suprisingly enough when i came home from fishing and was cleaning the fish on my tailgate she came over again and was complimenting me on the fish and wanting to know where to fish (she was big into fishing in San Diego), so for her warped mind it was bad to kill a deer, but ok to kill a tuna or a marlin

oh and the hunting shows, i only watch a few, most of the hunting shows out there are hunting in high fenced ranches or farms and know exactly which bucks are where and when the biggest bucks go by a certain route due to the ranchers having game cams up everywhere.it is just not sporting if you ask me. i only like the shows that they are out in the real woods and not some game farm or fenced ranch

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Last edited by UniversalFrost; October 24, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.03319 seconds with 8 queries