Thread: Dillon 550b???
View Single Post
Old December 6, 2007, 11:01 PM   #1
Sigma 40 Blaster

Dillon 550b???

Hey guys,

I'm seriously thinking about upgrading from my Lee Pro 1000 to something else...I'm just having too many small problems from it and am tired of hand-priming due to the "funky" priming system.

I reload for a few different calibers so a Dillon SDB really isn't an option (way too much for a conversion kit and dies). I'm looking at a 550b but online it says that it's manually indexed?

I current have to auto-index my Lee...that's kind of why i want to get another press for my .40 cal because I shoot and load a LOT of it. Will I really be saving any time by going to a different press that I still have to manually index? I'm trying to keep in mind the time I'll save by priming on the press but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of forgetting to index the shellplate, punching a live primer and potentially double charging a case.

Am I looking at the dangers/disadvantages of this press in the wrong way??? I suppose I could save up some more money for a 650 but it's really more money that I'd like to spend.

Page generated in 0.02701 seconds with 8 queries