View Single Post
Old January 4, 2002, 06:07 PM   #18
leej

ONe wonders why anyone would buy a 710 when you can get the econo grade Remington 700 for around the same price.

Seems as though Remington has been making some real blunders recently. They were to cheap to buy new dies when the dies that made the nylon 66 wore out so they came out with a real loser of a .22 called the viper. It had a double sear that made a decent usable trigger pull just about impossible not to mention the aesthetics of the piece. Naturally no one bought them and they went the way of the Doe-Doe Bird.

Now they have decided to bring out the 710 with a non-removeable barrel. I think that aspect alone will turn a lot of people off besides all of the plastic that is in the gun. It took people awhile to get used to synthetic stocks but I wonder if they will warm up to a rifle that has even more plastic in it than just the stock. If they do not warm up quickly to it this model it too may also prove to be a big loser for Remington.

I personally would spend my hard earned money on the 700 econo grade if I were in the market for a low priced but accurate rifle.

And of course the savvy gun owner who has been around a long time can always come up with a good but mint condition used gun that was made many years ago like the Sears F/N rifles that put most of todays guns to shame.

Page generated in 0.03473 seconds with 8 queries