View Single Post
Old February 3, 2011, 02:38 AM   #22
Dr. Strangelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwar410
I don't know how you are going to take care of the "bullet vandalism", it's easy to say we will find out who's doing it and get rid of them. But the fact of the matter is you have to catch them. Do you confront some one you don't know (armed and already being dangerous) and ask for I.D. or a membership card ? That is if you are there while they are doing it.
Cameras are pricey and I'm not sure how they would work, Do you put one on the firing line, one on the range, and one on each thing you don't want shot?
Our biggest problem is improper target position, On the hundred yard range targets will be placed at 20yds, or on station 8 pad, or the center stake.
We have spent alot of money trying to idiot proof the club, and it seems like you would really have to go out of your way not to shoot safely. We now have 25yd,50yd,100yd,200yd berms in place with shooting benches for all of them. (targets must be no more than 5yds from berm)
We're all supposed to wear ID badges and challenge those who don't. It's tough because the vast majority of members don't wear their badges, and most folks are unwilling to get involved. Remember, it's been a small "old boys" type of club for 50 years.

Target destruction is our main problem, rifle range target stands are plywood bolted to steel frames, it seems some delight in shooting off the bolt heads holding the frames together, or shooting the pistol steels with ammo that craters/holes them.

Page generated in 0.03682 seconds with 8 queries