Thread: H110 Max
View Single Post
Old April 28, 2013, 07:21 PM   #15
Salmoneye

Quote:
H110 is a special case. It is a "do not reduce" powder. The manufacturer aught to know how to handle it.
And clearly their views have changed over the years as to what their lawyers are comfortable with, as evidenced by their label on the can I showed...

Trust me...I am not arguing...Simply pointing out the facts...

Here is a repeat of a post of mine from almost a year ago:

The 'old' Hodgdon published data listed 14.5gr H110 as Max load for 158gr JSP (right on the front of the can, and I will gladly supply a pic if anyone wants it)...Millions of rounds went downrange with that and/or 3% 'lighter' loads (as per their dire warnings)...

Current Minimum on the Hodgdon website for that bullet is 15gr H110, with a Maximum of 16.7gr...(ADDING: Which is already more than 10% difference)

The current Hornady 8th Edition lists 12.7gr Min with a Max of 15.6gr, for a spread of 4 full grains from Hornady Minimum to Hodgdon Maximum...

I hear people all the time on the net saying "Stick to published' recipes"...Ok, then...Whose recipes do we stick to, or does our education, experience, and rational thought come into play at some point?

I have never found a 'published' load that performed the same in my guns, even when I had the 'same' gun used in the published testing...

We need to use our heads, and stay safe...

Last edited by Salmoneye; April 28, 2013 at 07:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.03767 seconds with 8 queries