View Single Post
Old February 11, 2008, 10:18 PM   #103
38SnubFan

My experience...

I've never owned, but have shot a couple Hi-Point firearms. I know this much: They are cheap, made of cheap materials, and are quite heavy and bulky to the point I'd never own and/or carry one myself.

With a friend's C9, I couldn't even MANUALLY RACK a hollow-point into the chamber without the gun failing to properly go into battery.

All this said: At the range, first time picking one up and firing it (It was either a .380 or 9mm, I don't remember anymore), it shot cheap WWB FMJ ammo without a hitch....and was actually impressively accurate!

Again, this is not something I'd recommend for carry or even HD (since it can't reliably handle hollow-point rounds) unless it was a real SHTF scenario and you had nothing else; but if you're looking for something inexpensive to take to the range and have some fun with once in a while...I say, "Go for it!"

Just my $.02,

38SnubFan

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -A token of appreciation for the good cops.

"Good cheer and steady aim are always fashionable."

"Will...if need be!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΑΛΒΕ!

Page generated in 0.02494 seconds with 8 queries