Thread: Lever gun scope
View Single Post
Old October 26, 2013, 02:17 AM   #60
semi_problomatic

I'll have to disagree L. Don't confuse lack of ability on a shooter's part with a mechanical device being better. If that were true then you wouldn't see competitve shooters using 1x optics or mounting irons on canted bases for close up shots while running low powered optics. Also, if your comb isn't right then your cheek weld isn't going to be right which means that scope is going to be off. Sure, you can offset that with practice and train yourself to get a repeatable chin weld...If you don't believe that then why are those same slug guns you're talking about made with raised combs? Also, it's hard(er) to mount a scope low on most levers if it has anything larger than a 20mm objective, unless you remove the rear sight or mount it far forward. A lot of people don't like the scout set-up because they are not familiar with it.

And, as far as soldiering, I've seen many guys drop an acog in Iraq in favor of a reflex sight. Really, a burris fastfire would be the perfect sight for a lever. Low, extremely light, easy to use and forgiving of cheek placement...

Page generated in 0.01943 seconds with 8 queries