View Single Post
Old October 26, 2012, 06:18 PM   #1
ThomasH

More Les Baer pics, dirty and stripped! Then targets shot for groups. >>>

Hello folks,

These pictures are week or so old, but I finally stripped my dirty Baers.

First is a shot of my Monolith, stripped bare! 8-0 Lots of oily power residue, but it cleaned right up. The barrel did take quite a bit of scrubbing to get clean, after the 500 round break-in session.

Click for Big Image

One thing that bummed me out a bit was how scratched the frame was under the slide lock lever. I guess this is the infamous Baer blue job.

Click for Big Image

Here is the Premier II stripped, with it's slide lock lever scratches.

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Then I took them to the range to shoot for groups. I shot at 20 yards (once again the "real" 25/50 yard pistol range was busy with a competition, so I used one of the pistol pits, at Miami Rifle & Pistol Club).

I shot the pistols "rested" but it was one of my kitchen chairs turned backwards, with my elbows on the top cross piece of the back of the chair! :-) Not exactly sand bags, but it wasn't bad!

I still find the "CJ stock" Monolith easier to shoot, the trigger is lighter and smoother than my BTO Premier II with its "3.5# Target Trigger".

Click for Big Image

I know, some of you are shouting, "It has adjustable sights, you freak! Turn the flipping screws!!" :-) Okay, I did, but I was thinking so much about the POI I didn't have as good trigger control. (I can't show you the adjusted griups though, due to this forum's six pic limit.)

Here is a typical Premier II group. (Darn the 6 pic limit!) This pistol does seem to have better inherent accuracy (it has the 1.5" guarantee) but the darn trigger seems gritty and inconsistent, to it's hard to shoot to it's potential. No worries though, these are both headed to Alchemy Custom for some cosmetic work, and trigger jobs.

Click for Big Image

Okay, that's it for this post.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

- Thomas

Page generated in 0.03682 seconds with 8 queries