View Single Post
Old April 27, 2011, 11:20 PM   #11
cslinger

Semi auto, Ruger 10/22 if for no other reason you can build them to exactly what you want. Out of the box they are passable and most certainly fun. Crappy triggers being the worst offense. Dump an obnoxious amount of cash...or not so much if you are smarter then me, and you will have a fantastic .22 semi auto. Marlin and Remmy make decent semi autos but the 10/22 is kind of like the Glock or 1911 of this discussion in that you can't turn left without tripping over accessories, modifications or equipment to make it into what you want.

Seems stupid, I know, but I have a couple $600-$700 10/22 builds that would knock your socks off. Smooth, bolt action accurate, telepathic triggers etc. but alot of time and money when into them. I have a bone stock 10/22 carbine that is barrels of fun but frankly I keep it around to compare against my builds. Sort of like driving high power cars and getting desensitized, so you spend some time in a Corolla to re-acclimate yourself to how fast your toy really is.

All that being said, and although it is not a semi auto.......I still say the CZ 452 is the best .22LR rifle you can buy for the money and isn't simply a good .22 but a good rifle, period. I will climb off my soapbox now.

Page generated in 0.03333 seconds with 8 queries