View Single Post
Old October 8, 2010, 08:32 AM   #13
HEAVYDUTY77

USE BOTH!

I read Fairbairn's and Sykes' "Shooting to Live" book years ago and practice the methods described therein whenever possible in addition to aimed fire practice. My reasoning being that, if I were ever confronted with an adversary that required a response with a gun, the sooner I would be able to fire the better my chances of survival. The point method makes a faster response possible. While bringing the pistol up to a position to obtain a "sight picture" for aimed fire, you will already have been able to fire one or two fairly accurate shots at the adversary. I don't think enough credence is given to the physiological impact on an attacker resulting from an immediate response of gun fire (even though it may not be accomplished using a perfect aiming technique).
My rationale for this is based on the assumption that a BG has chosen me as a victim based upon some action of mine that makes him think I am vulnerable and, as a result, an easy target (or, I might just be in the wrong place at the wrong time!). I think that under these circumstances he would be somewhat surprised to be suddenly confronted with my gun fire and, hopefully, tend to make some mental errors that might allow me a chance to escape or at least move to cover. I may be way off base with this logic but it's what I think and it's how I plan to respond if confronted with this type of scenario. Point shooting would obviously play a significant part in any situation similar to this.

Page generated in 0.04018 seconds with 8 queries