Thread: Luger questions
View Single Post
Old June 25, 2001, 09:28 PM   #1
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

Luger questions

Hi all.. anyone who can help me on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have a horse trade in the works and the horse in question is a 1939 luger 9mm. It has a 4 digit serial # and the last 2 digits of the number match all the visible #ed parts. it has a 4 inch barrel and is cut for a shoulder stock. It has the checkered toggle and the saftey is blued. The original magazine has an aluminum bottom but is not numbered. the only identifying marks other than the serial # is a large 42 stamped lengthwise on the toggle 1939 stamped on the slide just behind the barrel and on the front of the trigger guard is a stamped "P" shape laying 45 degrees to the right just under the serial number there. It doesn't appear to be a parts gun or have any import marks so I think this might be a war trophy. Over all finish is shiny blue black at about 90% (holster wear on mmuzzle and protruding bits) and the grip is dulled down a bit. Grips may be a replacement as the left panel doesn't fit as nicely as the right. Bore is still shiny but a little rough in the grooves. the safty has one word "gesichert" visible when the safty is down. It has a shallow but sturdy u shaped lanyard bracket on the back of the frame above where the web of your thumb would hit it.

Any idea what it is? What its worth? Where to find out hor to feild strip and clean it? I know almost nothing about these pistols though I know there are many many variances and codes.

I'd appreciate any and all info I can get.

Thanks.

Page generated in 0.03586 seconds with 8 queries