Thread: Red dot sights
View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 06:19 PM   #1
steveNChunter

Red dot sights

I bought a new Ruger MKIII target pistol the other day and have finally got a chance to get out and shoot a few rounds through it. I love the pistol and I'm decently accurate out to about 25 yards with it. I hope to improve with some much needed practice. The stock sights are ok, but they leave a little to be desired IMO. I think at least half of the problem is my short arms causing me to hold the pistol closer to my eye than the average shooter, in turn causing the front sight to not adequately fill the gap between the rear sight. I've looked at some fiber optic sights but I don't think I'd like them much better than what I've got. Anyway, I'm thinking about getting a red dot sight for it. I've never owned a red dot sight before and know next to nothing about them. I don't need the most expensive top of the line competition sight out there, I just plan on some casual target shooting and small game hunting, shooting 50 yards at the most. Can I get some schooling on red dot sights for handguns and which one would be the best for my MK III without breaking the bank? Dunno if you can get a good one for under $50 but I don't want to spend much more than that if I don't have to.

Page generated in 0.03885 seconds with 8 queries