View Single Post
Old January 30, 2011, 06:53 PM   #11
Tanker6

I'm using a double strong (one on each hip) currently, but it's a loaner from my pard. I've been using it for about a month and have come to the following conclusions.

First, it's a really nice set up and if I wanted to shoot with both hands, then this is great. By "two handed," I mean I can shoot two-handed with each pistol, shoot gunfighter (with one in each hand at the same time) or double duelist (shooting right side with right hand, then pull left side and shoot left side with left hand). However, I think I've decided to shoot duelist which is one-handed for both pistols. I'm right handed and like to shoot with that hand. The issue I have with double strong is that it takes time to get my grip properly when handing the gun from my left to my right hand (after drawing the left pistol). Hence, when I decide on my own leather (which will be fairly soon), I will probably opt for a crossdraw so I can grab both pistols with my shooting hand.

I type all of this so that those reading can realize that each rig has its own pros and cons, so the best thing to do is experiment -- especially if someone's willing to let you try their stuff, before you make a decision.

Page generated in 0.02722 seconds with 8 queries