View Single Post
Old April 27, 2000, 09:33 AM   #10
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

About the only place I'd differ a bit from any of the above is that for serious rifle, I like to use a "C" or "O" press, and weigh every powder charge. I'm the same for max loads in my .44 Maggie, for that matter. A little extra time is a lot cheaper than wreckage of my gun or my body.

I use my Dillon progressive mostly for .45ACP and under-max loads.

Since a lot of my stuff is as much as 50+ years old, I'd have to say that "good used" dies and presses work just fine, thank you.

It will probably say so in the books, but do your reloading one step at a time: Clean all the brass. Then, resize all the cases. Then, reprime all the cases. Then...You get the picture.

Keep components separate, and don't lose track of any ID. For instance, if you see a loose primer on the bench after you're all done with loading some pistol and loading some rifle, don't assume you know what that primer is. Put a drop of oil in the cup and toss it to the trash.

And ID your loads as to bullet, powder charge and type, and the date. Five or ten years later on, it will indeed help your memory! (I'm still shooting some .243 I loaded in 1968.)

Have fun, Art

Page generated in 0.03083 seconds with 8 queries