View Single Post
Old August 26, 2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Sabre9mm

BATFE Stamps and DIY Supressors

I have access to a machinist and his shop who is doing some trade out for computer work, and I would like to use that to experiment with some suppressors. I have located a lot of information on line, blueprints, etc...

The experiment is not so much to have one as it is to become ore familiar with their construction, function, design, etc... And save a hell of a lot of money perhaps if I do end up with a safe functional model.

I will be doing it of course as legal as possible, and I know that I will have to fill out a Form1 and get it approved *before* I begin construction.

That however raises an interesting question, since possession of even so much as some of the parts counts as possession of the suppressor, and the stamp is for the *one* suppressor...

How does one handle prototyping, logically there will be parts that get remade upgraded or swapped out, improvements and possibly even new units will get made.

Does the BATFE expect a stamp for each revision, or one final product?
Likewise what of the parts, if I chose to keep them for further research or templates for future builds, would each have to have their own stamp as well?

If I decide to move forward with this I want it to be by the book legal or at least 100% in the spirit of the law.

Certainly some of you guys have crossed this bridge before, and if you could cite the particular areas of more information that would be great.

Page generated in 0.02325 seconds with 8 queries