View Single Post
Old February 3, 2012, 06:53 PM   #18
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Being a certain "race" (I hate the word race. There is only one race.) or gender are innate.

Religion, and I am deeply "religious", is not.

Carrying a particular type of weapon is not.

I can't deny you your right to defend yourself. I can only control what you bring onto my property.

You can't bring signs that say nasty things, no matter that you have freedom of speech.

You can't come to my business and convert everyone to MLeake-ism because I don't allow it, no matter that you have freedom of religion.

You can't put on a press badge and nose around looking for stories, no matter that you have freedom of the press.

Firearms and weapons are no different. They're not "innate". There was a time when they did not exist.

Self defense is the innate right. I can't take that from you. Guns are not "innate". They are an invention and they are not the only, or even necessarily the best, way for you to defend yourself.

I can preclude them from my property.

Further, you are not required to be on my property. Just like I boycotted Chuck E Cheese and go elsewhere, so can you. Doesn't matter if I'm a car dealer, pizza shop, car repair or bowling alley. You can boycott me and go somewhere else or no where at all.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; February 3, 2012 at 07:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.03182 seconds with 8 queries