View Single Post
Old July 6, 2010, 07:25 PM   #19
Electric Head

Ok so the bullets I have loaded (for testing or disassembly) are, from the pic in my last post, the centre one, which I now realise is a button FULL wadcutter, not a semi. They are in to the crimp groove.

They are 138 grain. The SWC that I also have are 150 grain and are very similar to mehavey's first post with pics.

Next stuffup I made: The COL of what I have loaded are 33mm (1.299") (NOT 13 that I said initially and edited to 23)

NEXT stuffup I made: I used the wrong data from the book, should have used data (closest available) that is:

146-148GN WC starting 2.9GN AP70N COL 29.464mm (1.160") (just reread some of your post trublu and it matches what you found!)

It's a good thing I haven't got my gun yet, might have gone out and tested these. So that bullet puller I was planning on buying I WILL buy now lol.

Thanks for the replies and direction! I was going to recheck the book at some point as it's going to be a few weeks until I get the gun, so there was no rush, but all the help I can get is surely welcome. I was actually thinking at the time that 4.3GN starting sounded high, I thought it was less than 3 when I last read it, but ASSUMED it was another powder or bullet weight.

Man what a disastrous start to reloading. I assure you I am not as clumsy / error prone as it seems from this thread, but it's all part of learning.

Page generated in 0.04199 seconds with 8 queries