View Single Post
Old July 12, 2012, 04:03 PM   #33
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyse.04
I am by no means a Taurus fanboy, but as mentioned I am a happy Taurus owner. Of course sacrifices will be made when you are looking at their price point. I don't think anyone here will argue the quality of Taurus being superior to that of the high end makers that you mentioned earlier (Nighthawk, Wilson, etc.). If I had $3k to spend on a 1911, I would be all over a Nighthawk T3... But I don't.
There are sacrifices ... and there are tricks. When Taurus first offered their 1911, IIRC it sold for $599 and they advertised that it included $500 worth of "extras." It should not take a PhD in mathematics to figure out that the only way you can sell $500 worth of bells and whistles on a gun for $600 is to put them on a $100 gun. My grandfather always said, "The worker knows the value of his tools." I figure Taurus knows what their guns are worth better than I do, so if they figure it's worth $100 ... I'll go with that.

Rock Island, on the other hand, chose to skip the bells and whistles and sell a solid, no frills 1911 backed by what is arguable the best customer support in the industry. I'll take a Rock Island over a Taurus any day.

Last edited by Aguila Blanca; July 13, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.02163 seconds with 8 queries