View Single Post
Old April 30, 2008, 01:30 PM   #8
King Ghidora

The biggest problem I've had with jams in a semi-auto were related to how much crud the ammo left in the chamber. I bought a Sig P220 (rock solid you'd think) and at first I had a heck of a time with it jamming. It wasn't the gun. It was the ammo. It was Winchester Win Clean. I guess that actually meant shoot once and clean because a single shell shot through the thing would leave enough crud in the chamber to cause a mis-feed. I would clean the gun every time I shot it and I was amazed how much crud was coming out. I quickly switched to a different brand of ammo (practically any other brand) and the problem instantly went away. Now I never have a problem except that recently a magazine went bad on me. I've shot a lot of rounds through that gun and it never causes me any problems.

Semi-autos can be very susceptible to problems with not cleaning the chamber after shooting. Some of them can go on for years without a problem but some will start having trouble pretty quick if you don't keep things clean.

Page generated in 0.03331 seconds with 8 queries