View Single Post
Old October 3, 2013, 12:49 AM   #45
Tucker 1371

I was bored standing in line at tractor supply getting some new work pants the other day and saw Self Defense Magazine sitting on the counter, never had heard of it before so I scooped it up. They had a nice article on what to do in an active shooter situation. Similar to "Run, Hide, Fight" but tweaked, they call it "Get out, Lock out, Knock out" kind of cheesy but it got the point across.

First order of business is escape and aid other to do the same if possible. If option one fails you should attempt to barricade yourself in a room as opposed to just hiding in it. Using a belt to tie the arm on a hydraulic door was a nifty truck I never would have thought of. The idea is that an active shooter has one goal: create as many casualties as possible before the good guys arrive and he won't waste time trying to break into a fortified area unless he's after a specific person. Knock out is self explanatory, use a gun if you have one. If not use weapons of opportunity, fire extinguishers, laptops, chairs, etc and use numbers. Simply throwing an object(s) at a shooter can throw off his aim long enough for you and others to dogpile him.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe

Page generated in 0.02449 seconds with 8 queries