265.12, 265.13, 265.15 and 270.05 shall not apply to:
1. Possession of any of the weapons, instruments, appliances or
substances specified
in sections 265.01, 265.02, 265.03, 265.04, 265.05
and 270.05 by the following:
(a) Persons in the military service of the state of New York when duly
authorized by regulations issued by the adjutant general to possess the
same.
. Read this to mean Active-Duty NY National Guard/Reserve, not when "Off-Duty", on leave, etc.
(b) Police officers as defined in subdivision thirty-four of section
1.20 of the criminal procedure law.
(c) Peace officers as defined by section 2.10 of the criminal
procedure law.

The emphasis above, relative to MIL is mine. NYC seems to be paranoid when it comes to the military presence, even after 9/11. I'm not sure what went wrong with your aquaintance from the KCPD, but in my 29+ years of wearing a badge for the State of New York, I've never heard of such a problem. There are even special provisions in both City Ordinance and State Laws to recognize RETIRED Peace/Police Officers who choose to carry when in the city.

My agency sends our Officers into the city (it's about three hours from here) seven days a week. No calls-ahead, no written agreement, nothing. Our guys are in both plain clothes and in uniform. As a matter of personal business, several of us go down there for "special occassions" such as shows, sporting events, etc. Many flash their badges at "appropriate" opportunities, as there is a great deal of professional recognition and appreciation. We are EXPECTED by the NYPD to be armed, as it adds an additional presence, weather the public is aware or not.

The city politicians are definately one of the most backward, rabid, senseless anti-gun groups I have ever observed. I would imagine that includes the prosecutor's office, as they're appointed by the pols or they serve as the other politicos. No way to understand it, but they're a whole lot different from the Boys in Blue.

Last edited by mightyoakwildlife; June 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.03502 seconds with 8 queries