View Single Post
Old June 14, 2006, 11:34 AM   #7
BlueTrain

I realize, Double Naught Spy, that wildcat and proprierty and not the same and that's why I used both words. I don't know exactly how many of these big bore AR-15 rounds there and I think I have seen reference to at least four and maybe five and I was not attempting to be exact regarding how many there were or what status they might have had. In fact, some ammunition, including some of fairly recent origin, is now considered obsolete, yet it is still available if you look for it. Again, I'm not sure what makes something obsolete, especially if you can still buy newly manufactured cartridges.

There is a local DJ that has a program on which he plays "obsolete music."

I was considering proprierty ammuntion as something only manufactured by, say, a single manufacturer and not generally available over-the-counter, especially from mass marketers like Wal-Mart. There is also something called custom ammuntion but that usually means nothing more than custom loaded. I wouldn't consider any of these terms to be cut and dried or permanent. They definitely can move from one category to another. And also, after a little thought, none of this necessarily has any bearing on the general availability of a given round. I have always thought that .45-70 was surprisingly hard to find in the store.

Otherwise, I take your point.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.02323 seconds with 8 queries