View Single Post
Old February 28, 2011, 02:20 PM   #13
TCHall/NC

Peters-Stahl /Springfield 1911

>>I have contacted Springfield Armory and they deny any knowledge of the pistol and flatly stated that it has not been in their shop.

I have also attempted to contact a person identified as a distributor for Peters-Stahl here in Texas, but the information is apparently dated.

I have emailed Peters-Stahl without result.<<

Haven't been on the forum for ten years, and the first post I noticed was about Peters-Stal...

Joe Peters had a contract with Springfield back in the 80s to produce the "Springfield Omega" both as made up guns, and parts...

THEY supplied him with SA frames for some of that production... some pre-machined and later bare frames so he could cut to his specs...

He was building SA framed 1911s for the German market, and if I recall correctly, they were pretty much all built with a 9mm extractor so interchangeable barrels in several calibers could be used by changing just the barrel/spring...

The Omega (Peters-Stahl) Multicaliber was a long slide that was bigger, better, etc... Dual extractors, a semi-controlled feed, and an action amazingly like the H&K USP...

Mine is a Peter-Stahl top end on a Gold Cup frame I already owned.. 6" polygon barrel in .45 and a .38FSWC barrel as well...

When Joe's financial backer got tired of us American GIs hanging out with him at the factory and looking him up at matches he got bought out...

Joe treated us like loyal customers... The money guy forgot that shooters respond to word of mouth more than any amount if advertising could achieve...

With a little slight of hand Joe got out with his rights to working in the gun industry and patents intact... a very short non-compete period

He went to work for H&K a few years before the USP surfaced... with something amazingly similar to his patented locking mechanism<G>

It's a small world!

Page generated in 0.03612 seconds with 8 queries