View Single Post
Old November 4, 2012, 07:08 PM   #3
dbuffington

Quote:
The first suggestion is to make sure all the primers in the strips are flush with the strip edge.
They should be flush with the upper edge. Correct?

Quote:
The next thing is to be aware that moving the press handle toward the bench lifts a primer.
Understood, and to avoid that problem, I attempted to run an empty strip through. No go.

Quote:
I made two simple mods to take the primers off line and prevent the press handle from moving into priming mode when you don't want. Takes a couple of hours and a trip to Ace/Home Depot. Here's the Link.
That, by the way, is a very cool "repurposing" of other materials.

Just one thought, can the same thing be accomplished by removing the primer pin assembly?

Quote:
The Pro 2000 is simpler by far than any other progressive...
It seems that way, and I really like the ease of changing calibers. The machining is excellent, and the fit and finish is quite good. Indeed, I suspect my problem with the APS is a simple adjustment issue, BUT it would help if the instructions had a troubleshooting section. For that matter, the instructions appear to be the weakest part of the whole product.

Quote:
So if it came to you loose, and you have synching problems, email RCBS and get the guages to set it up right.
Done.

Many thanks!
Dave

Page generated in 0.03898 seconds with 8 queries