View Single Post
Old February 6, 2001, 10:30 AM   #1
DavidB

It looks like Blade-Tech has a new web site. Everything looks good, except that they now show some exorbitant shipping and handling charges. I'm guessing that the shipping charge - $20 - is an error, and I'm going to try to confirm that today. However, there's also a $5 handling charge. To me $5 for shipping and handling would be reasonable, but $5 + actual shipping seems a bit excessive.

-=-=-=-

That said, it looks like Blade-Tech is still the best place to find kydex for my Sig P239. I'm looking at an IWB, but I'm not sure whether loops or the j-hooks are a better idea. The biggest difference (from what I can tell) is that the loops are adjustable for cant, but the j-hooks aren't.

Are j-hooks really that much less noticeable than loops? I would think that having a small about of the hook visable would actually attact more attention, since it's not something people usually see. ("What's that on the *bottom* of your belt?") I would think they would tend to look twice. Also, it looks like the j-hooks can't span a belt loop. What are the other advantages of j-hooks over loops, or vice-versa?

I had also considered the UCH for concealing at work (dress casual), but the height of the part that covers the outside of the belt means that anyone could tell that I had something attached. (At least when I'm wearing brown belts.) Is the "tuckable" feature that much more effective than just tucking around one of the regular IWBs? Is the UCH as stable as the loops or j-hooks, and how much thinner than the regular IWB is it?

With all the knowledge floating around TFL, I'm hoping someone can help me with their opinions.

Page generated in 0.03356 seconds with 8 queries