View Single Post
Old March 26, 2010, 08:51 AM   #8
RickV

Quote:
The next most expensive part is the bullet. So if you can get your bullets cheaply, your reloading dollar can go much further. And the best way to get ANY of the components cheaply is to buy the largest amount at one time.

It's a real catch-22 of reloading. If you want your ammo to cost the least, you have to spend as much as possible to buy in bulk. So when you are first getting started, you won't be saving a whole lot as you test different items to see how well they work at your bench and in your guns.
Sevens hit the nail on the head. I always buy my bullets in bulk usually 1000 at a time. Once I get 500 loaded I place another order. Same thing with primers and powder. I usually go in with 2 friends and we place a big order and split the Hazmat and regular shipping charges. We max out that 48lb Hazmat fee . I almost always have a few extra pounds of the powders I use and 5-10K of primers. There are two reasons for buying this way first to avoid price increases and second to make sure that the temporary shortages are a non issue.

Page generated in 0.02916 seconds with 8 queries