View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 09:32 AM   #16
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Fortunately for me, I have enuff native predator activity in the area...

I have a known fox pair in the vicinity for several years...

I also have non-venomous snakes I see and the venomous ones I do not see (if seen I remove the threat to the dogs)...

Coons and possums cover a little predation duty too...

I do have 'yote population(s) as well but not often right on top of my place as I always have several dogs on chains with territorial barks...

My own 5 acre piece of peace and serenity Is handled by 4 total indoor dogs that freely roam my place... 3 of these are of size and stature and mindset to hunt down what they see as a threat which includes every songbird and squirrel they see... They will run full bore with collar tags jingling for a hunert yards to try and pick off a mocking bird but it is a rare instance that any of these dogs gets a kill... 2 together sometimes gets a squirrel...

My dogs are not allowed to step onto pavement when a passerby is passing or it is considered a heinous sign of aggression by me and currently none get within 50 feet of the road when a nice family walks 2 full grown Golden Retrievers and 2 younger smaller dogs... Owners have no idea how I get these dogs so well trained. I just don't tolerate "transgressions" against man or beast without real provocation! Then they know they are free to unleash all they have.

Currently 2 of these same indoor/outdoor dogs are pushing their luck IMHO as they "go for a stroll" each morning and may not be back for a couple hours... Both are spayed gyps so no risk of unwanted "Handy and Ready" lines of pups I figger, they have found a yard dog to visit but if they don't come home, I can guess they got called to the carpet for "trespassing"...

I love a cuddly friendly cat as much or more than any cat lover out there... Even had a few but won't tolerate a litterbox. In the house I consider them an exotic pet no different than a tiger or an imported predator snake...

My last try at a house cat ended when the little bugger snuck out the door and was carhit in front of my house by time work ended... Used the opportunity to show my, then, very young children what happens when you get to close to the road...

Brent

Page generated in 0.02965 seconds with 8 queries